Sunday, June 27, 2010

Out With the Old...

Wow, I almost forgot that I had a blog for a couple of weeks.  I hate not having time to blog.  I'll get right into the haps in fear that I might just start rambling about my crazy life!

Demo...

We demo'd the countertops in the kitchen today.  Granite install is scheduled to start tomorrow at 8:00 am.  Nervous, excited and I just can't wait!  I'm so worried that the granite will be installed and everything about my floor will look awful and disgusting.  I'm worried that these black cabinets will stick out like a sore thumb.  So worried in fact that I've spent about thirty minutes today pricing flooring, and measuring our square footage.  I have a bad feeling that the floor will be our next big project.  And when I say our, I mean the King's.  Let's face it, I'm a woman and just not allowed in any big projects around the house.  I always get pushed out.  Today I got pushed out by my brother, no demo for me.  I was the clean up queen.  Kind of.

In fear of rambling my insane thoughts, I'll just get right to the pictures...


Before the demo, the kitchen, all in one piece...

The first hit.

After a few more hits to the tile, and way too many annoying sounds coming out of my mouth, I was sent to Home Depot for a few supplies that were much needed, I mean that were never used but "needed" only at the time, I think they were trying to get me out of the house.

I came back to this...



Are you sick of seeing demolition pictures yet?  I know, it's probably only cool to me.  So to annoy you a bit more, here are a few more pics of the mess that was made.



This is my favorite picture of the demo process...

I just think it's pretty cool.

Bye, bye island countertop, it's been fun.  I've made a lot of cakes on you and owe you a proper goodbye.  Unfortunately, you are just laying in a heap in my backyard awaiting a trip to the dump.

My Mom stopped by and took a few pics of us workers.  There is something about ripping out countertops and getting your picture taken while doing it that makes you want to do the blue steel pose.


I think my brother wins this contest though...


And to finish it off, this is what it looks like tonight.
  That's our new faucet sitting on the island.



I'll be taking more pictures tomorrow of the install.  I really can't wait.  I might not sleep tonight.  It feels like Christmas!

And in other news, we found out some very important information, we are lot 47.  I've always wondered.


4 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Kristi how exciting. I remember the day I got my new granite countertops here about 8 years ago now. What a MESS the demolition made. But how I have enjoyed the new ones! My new house will have to be done eventually, but for now it is back to formica for me...sigh...but everything else practically is new and I did have to prioritize...kitchen counters were WAY down the list, but they will happen eventually. ENJOY yours ~ I am soo happy for you.

Genn said...

How exciting!! Can't wait to see the end result.

Oh yeah, and Sean may have something with that "blue steel" look there. Has he thought about modeling?? ;)

Kris said...

Great pics! Love the steel poses. Glad to see you are all wearing your protective eye gear! Looks like they got it all cleaned up too. It is Monday night, no pics of granite???
PS It was great to see you on Saturday too. Your Mama too! I miss her!

Sam and Becky said...

It's only fitting for this series of pictures, that the sign above your cabinets says, "Bits and pieces." :) I loved the pics!