Friday, June 11, 2010

Ahhhhh

You ever have one of those, ahhhhh feelings?  Well I'm having one right now.  Let me say write it again, ahhhhh.  I'm feeling good right now.  Let me give you a quick run down of everything that I did this week so that you can feel my ahhhh with me.

I had four orders this week.  Three cakes and a cookie order.  For this, I had to....make my dough, bake my cookies and decorate them on Monday.  Tuesday I bagged them, baked all of my cake and made three fondant 3D animals and a palm tree.  Wednesday, I crumb coated all of my cakes (after I had to rebake two - won't go into that now), iced them in their final icing and rolled out my Tiki guy.  Thursday, I decorated all of my cakes, it took all day.  From 9:00 - 9:00.  Every night this week with cakes, I've gone to bed between 1 and 2 in the morning.

I had no car all week.  Why?  The King's boss backed into his and it's been at the shop getting new doors, a bumper, and a paint job.  The car that The King has been driving is his "project" car because my Civic that he was driving took a dump a while back and needs a motor.  So to look on the bright side of this mishap, at least we only had to buy one door instead of two for his car...

I've been prepping all week for company coming on Sunday.  That means I'm trying to get all of my laundry done and the house spotless because that's how I do it.  We are also headed out of town early tomorrow morning for The King's family reunion out in Chowchilla.  It's at his cousins house and it is so pretty out there, we will be returning Sunday afternoon sometime with the King's parents.  They will be staying with us for a week.

Oh yeah, and to add to that, I worked for the folks all day Monday - Wednesday.  I got Thursday off instead of Friday this week but my Mom threw Friday in as well because she knew how much I needed to do.

You don't need me to add in all of the Mom duties that go with that as well.  You can just imagine.

So back to my ahhhhh moment.  I'm sitting.  I'm having a much needed beverage....


My cakes are all picked up and my errands are almost completely done.  The house is almost completely done.  The packing has not started yet but I still have time.  I have to make my lists first.  But having everything else done is my ahhhhh moment.  I guess the ahhh comes from the cakes being picked up and out of my thoughts and feeling that much closer to leaving.

So I'm going to leave you with one of the cakes I did for this weekend that I'm totally excited about.  I made a cake glow in the dark.  How cool is that????  This cake is for a teenager's party that will be completely lit by black lights.  I had been thinking about making the cake glow in the dark but didn't really want to put that much more time into it until my brother talked me into it.  So here is the cake.  The kid wanted a white cake with splashes of paint on it, they didn't ask for the glow in the dark.  I hand painted the big splashes of paint and then took my brush and soaked it and then flicked it all over the cake.  The name is Alex and I did it graffiti style.  I put it on fondant and handpainted it then piped the outlines.  Enjoy...




Yeah, that's pretty cool, here it is in regular light...

So, when we return, I should have pictures of the girls to post.  I'm charging my camera as we speak and I'm planning on bringing my video camera as well.  Word has it that there will be karaoke at the reunion and the hubby has been practicing.  He'd love it if I posted a video of him singing on here...;)

Hope you all have a fabtabulous weekend.  I know I will, as soon as I get everything finished!



7 comments:

Diane said...

I am exhausted just reading all of your activities! I love the cake. How cool to have it glow in the dark! Enjoy the family reunion.

Kris said...

Cool cake! Have a great time on your weekend away.

Kelly said...

i hardly ever have an "ahhhhh' moment... because I never get all i want done. good job!

Maryrose said...

Glad all is well, loved all of the cakes. I am anxious to see how the Tiki cake looked with Tiki man on top. Such a busy weekend for you, but it sounds like it was a fun weekend. Mine was too. Talk to you today for the details.
I am missing the dish and the spoon.

Genn said...

Glad you got to enjoy an "aaahhhhhhhhhh" moment! I sure could use one of those right now. Unfortunately, I don't think I can get one unless there is an alcoholic beverage involved. sad but true.
:)

Tawny said...

Okay, hello, I JUST now am in the loop with the change! When did this change happen? I'm sorry I've been so out of it!
Very cool cake. How in the world do you come up with your stuff?
I've seen your talk about Cupcake Thursday and Friday...do share!

Tawny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.