Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Dish is a Superstar

I was hoping that this post would be all about The Dish's little program that they had at school on Friday but it's not.  I spent all morning charging my video camera and not my camera.  What is wrong with me??  We get there, I turn on my camera and try to snap some pictures of the stage and.....nothin'.   Blah.  No pictures of The Dish's first little singing program.  I did take some with Gi Gi's but I haven't gotten any of those yet so it'll just have to wait.

Can I tell you how cute this little program was though?  Seriously I was all teary eyed after because of how cute she was and how proud of her I was.  They did three or four songs with some "choreography".  The Dish did much better than I thought she was going to.  All last week I kept asking The Dish if she was going to sing on Friday for all the parents.  She'd tell me no but that she was going to have pizza on Friday.  Then I'd ask her again what she was going to sing for me on Friday and she'd say, "Tick tock seven o'clock time to pray..."  Just the answer I was looking for, I think it's safe to say she didn't quite understand what was going on!

She didn't sing one word during the "concert" but she did all of the correct choreography.  I'm not surprised that she didn't really sing and was happy to see that there were only three kids that actually sang half of the words.  Plus the little boy standing next to the Dish had his arms crossed over his chest with a frown on his face the entire show.  He made The Dish look REALLY good!!  Proud moment for Mama.  I'm going to see if I can get the video up soon.

Friday was her last day of preschool kind of.  I signed her up for summer school and she starts back up right away.  In the fall she's starting 3 days instead of 2.  She's getting older I guess.

We had a pretty uneventful weekend.  The King worked all weekend and I had deliveries on Saturday and today I've been organizing, straightening, cleaning, etc.  We have The King's family reunion coming up this weekend that I'm so excited for.  It will be a blast!  After the reunion The King's parents will be following us back to our house and will be staying with us for a week before they head back up to Oregon.  That is why I've been organizing, straightening, and cleaning.  I told my Mom, the cake order taker, not to schedule me anything for this week since we're leaving.  I'd appreciate it if you would all ask her why I have one cookie order (due Tuesday) and three cake orders (for Friday) due this week.  I'd like to know why she wanted to do that to me when she knew that I had a reunion and house guests coming.  I'm starting to believe that she doesn't like to see me sleep.  Apparently she doesn't mind the crazy that I turn into. 

I'll leave you with pictures of the cake orders that I had this weekend.  I also had a cupcake order but didn't get pictures of it because of the dead camera situation...

First up, bridal shower cake...


Next up, wedding cake, Celtic Irish themed wedding...



The cake sat directly behind the bride and groom. I sure hope those people don't mind that they are on my blog...


7 comments:

Kris said...

Yea for your little one!!! I can remember that same feeling, and it sure doesn't feel like long ago. Pretty cakes! What did you decide to do over the granite?

Maryrose said...

Love this post, I am so sorry I missed the Dishes performance. I need to see it again on the big screen. Sorry about the scheduling, I was only thinking about your granite. ;)
Love the cakes. I thought they were both so unique and fit perfectly into their respective events. They couldn't have been more perfect.

Larissa said...

Love the cakes... man you are talented!
Would you believe I actually missed my daughters last performance at school? Nobody told me about it so I had to watch a video from another mom.... it's hard to think about it cause it makes me so sad!

Genn said...

Oh I bet Riley looked so cute at her school performance. Such a big girl now. Good luck with your orders due this week. It's tough trying to get thing together and organized in order to leave for a bit.

Kimmiebe said...

sounds like a cute performance! doesn't it make youfeel old that we have kids that have school performances now? very pretty cakes, too!

Genn said...

Hmmm, it's driving my crazy to know who this Kimmiebe is. No I do not know her, but she sure sounds like she knows us. ?

Diane said...

Your cakes as always are STUNS! I loved the Irish wedding cake. There is nothing that is as much fun as seeing your liitle ones perform.