Thursday, June 3, 2010

Referrals Please

Okay, not really sure if this deserves it's own post or not but I need some help. 

1.  Granite.
 I'm ready to have my granite installed and I was hoping to get it installed last week of June, first week of July.  The only problem???  I still don't have a guy.  I've had a few quotes.  One from a shady person, the other from a very decent company (but she won't call me back?), and another from a guy that wanted to charge me $6,000 in labor, um, not happening buddy.  Yeah, material cost would have been $1,400 and labor $6,000 - I'm not a dumby.  Every other quote I've had was for half of that.  Soooo, I'm asking for some help.  I'm definitely set on granite, but I need some recommendations.  If you've had granite installed, or know of someone who has that is very happy with their install, please send a number my way!!!

2.  Housekeeper.

  I need one.  Big time.  I can't keep up with myself.  I can keep it all straightened and everything, but when it comes to dusting, vacuuming, washing the floors, etc., I can't seem to get it all done at the same time.  I feel like my house is never completely clean.  Anyone know of someone good?  I'm wanting someone every two weeks.  We are not dirty enough to have someone every week. 

Thanks for the input peeps!


3 comments:

Kris said...

Kristi,
My Mom just remodeled her bathroom and had a granite remnant installed in there. She used FlintStones from here in Corona. She was VERY pleased with them. And they were quite reasonably priced too.
As for cleaning woman. I have no idea. No one could ever clean my house as well as ME, so that is who cleans here!!!

Genn said...

No help for you on the granite, sorry. That will be nice in your kitchen. I'd love it here, but I think we'll move before we put much money into a kitchen remodel.

As for cleaning lady, I almost just canceled mine because I HATE coughing up the cash every week. I can give you her number, but I am sure your Mom has it and I don't know if she is impressed with her. She does a good job for me with what I want done.

Kelly said...

no help on the granite, sorry. and no help on a cleaning lady. when we lived in HB i had an AMAZING cleaning lady, but dont have one here. good luck!