Monday, May 31, 2010

Monday, Monday

Are you singing?  You should be.

Happy Memorial Day everyone.  I hope you have all remembered why we reserve this day in America.  Thank you to all of our fallen soldiers who have fought to make this a free country.  And, thank you to all of our men and woman that are still fighting for us, I am eternally grateful.


The girls and I started out our Memorial Day weekend with lunch at D.P.'s house.  I got a pic.  2 for 3 ain't so bad...
Lunch was delicious ladies!  Thank you!

We didn't do much this weekend.  I tried to finish The Dish's room.  It's getting there but it's not quite finished.  So much painting still needs to be done and I've already done a ton.  It is looking cute though and I can't wait to post pics of it!  The King did some much needed yardwork, he cleared our hill and we are hoping to get the sprinklers working so that for now we can at least plant some ground cover and make it look decent.  Why is it that projects are never completed in one weekend?  Even if you have that one extra day? 

Today we thought, notice that I used the word thought, it would be a good idea to take the girls to the splash park.  The Dish had been bugging us about it all weekend so we decided we'd see how it was.  It was awful, I didn't realize how popular the park is on holiday weekends.  I would never camp out at the park.  I just wouldn't.  It's just not me.  There are, apparently, many people that do.  It was bad.

Let's just say the splash park was a bust and the park was not much better. Poor Dish got attacked by some growling little boy that didn't know how to control his drool so one icecream cone and twenty minutes later, we ended up at Gwamom and Pop Pop's house.


I got some pics of the park...







I just have to say, The Dish is one special kid.  She handed me her icecream cone in the car and told me that it was too cold.  Right.  Icecream is supposed to be cold.  She didn't want to hear it.  Finally she took it back and after screaming about the icecream dripping down onto her hand, she finished the rest of The Spoon's scoop.  Whatever keeps em quiet.


And in other news, Pop Pop got himself a fancy new mailbox...

Well, that's about it. Not much to report but I have to say, it feels good to blog again. I actually enjoyed sitting here waiting for my pics to upload. I think I'm back baby. Mama Goose is in full swing!

Peak at ya later!

 


8 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAAAAAAH!!!! IT'S GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK AGAIN! WE CAN'T FOR FOR 2 WEEKS TO GO BY. WE MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH! THE PICS ARE GREAT AND THEY REALLY SEEM TO ENJOY THE WATER! ICECREAM PART SO FUNNY. LOVE AND MISSES, MOM AND DAD/N&G

Debbie said...

The pics are GREAT!! Glad you had a good week-end. I know what ya mean too..."week-end" projects just never seem to get done in a single week-end, 3 days or not...haha. Have a good week Kristi...

Kris said...

Hey Mama....cute post. Know what you mean about the water park! Best to visit on weekdays. They come in droves on the weekends! Love Pop Pop's new mailbox!!!!

Genn said...

I hear you on the crazy crowded parks. We went to Fairmount Park hoping to get some pictures for my class, and part of the park was blocked off so the play areas were a nightmare. Absolute ghetto.
GLad you got your bloggy mojo back.

Maryrose said...

Hey Mama,
Great pics...love them all. So creative and that water at the park is amazing. Love the pic of Made in America too. Hope the Dish survived the spitting devil child, next time just sic The Spoon on him, she will take care of it. Welcome back to blogland, I have missed you (like I don't see and talk to you enough) but I love the witty posts with great pics.
Love
MGM

carissa said...

such beautifully clear pictures! wow! i'm always impressed with your photography!

Debbiedoos said...

Hi there....first off what a beautiful family you have...and you take some spectacular photos!~ WOW! I am glad you found my blog...that is awesome...I will enjoy yours as well. Thanks, and have a great day!

Nikki said...

Love the photos!!! So glad you are back. Lovin the new blog look and look forward to reading more!!! Missed ya!!